Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This post is about the eyes.

I think the eyes reveal something about true manhood (and yes, true womanhood too, but I'll focus on true manhood...after all, I'm...not a girl).

So how do the eyes reveal something about true manhood? Easy!

The eyes look outward.  Not inward. Literally.  Unquestionably.  Even when human senses fail, the eyes still look outward.

So then, perhaps this is how a real man should act: not looking at himself.  How often do us guys get into trouble whenever we pursue selfish interests by looking at ourselves instead of outwards?  I'm sure the ladies would agree, and they probably have their mental list of times we did them wrong by being selfish.

Now, this is no justification to disregard yourself completely, gentlemen.  You can't let yourself go and not take care of yourself.

But the message I want to send across is that true men look outwards to serve others outside of his self.

Add some sacrificing of self...and bam.  Getting closer to true manhood.  The eyes have it. ;-)









No comments:

Post a Comment